Home-based Business Insurance
Home-based Business Insurance provides a one stop-shop public and products liability, property and personal accident insurance solution for clients that operate a business from the home they live in.
Home-based Business Insurance Public and Products Liability provides cover for:
- Choice of limits: $10,000,000 or $20,000,000
- Worldwide Cover for exports except North America or Canada – these can be considerd by referral.
The Home-based Business Property Insurance policy replaces the clients Home and/or Contents insurance policy. Very important when domestic insurers may not continue to provide this cover if a business (other than just an office) operates from the home.
In addition the policy covers:
- Business Stock and/or Merchandise
- Business Equipment
- Business Interruption
- Machinery Breakdown (option)
- Domestic Legal Liability
- Individual Personal Accident and Sickness (Important if they rely on their business income and were unable to work due to an accident and/or sickness.)
- Weekly benefits for temporary disablement due to accident, injury or sickness
- Lump sum benefits due to death or permanent disability from accidental injury
Please note: Home-based Business Property and Home-based Business Public and Products Liability policies are separate policies.
- Cottage Industry – clients who make products to sell or buy products to sell
- Tuition – clients that teach something at home and/or away from home
- Service – clients that provide a service eg hairdresser, graphic designer etc
For more information or to arrange cover for you or your business, please contact the team at CIS Group.